Fireblade Funserver

Dont forget to vote for rewards - Homepage is fireblade.2hell.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fireblade Funserver

Dont forget to vote for rewards - Homepage is fireblade.2hell.com

Fireblade Funserver

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fireblade Funserver

WoW Funserver Forum - Fireblade

Welcome to Fireblade Funserver - enjoy playing on the server!

+11
kyljys
Alexeng
Retrac
woman
alord
Admin
lintha
Skyknight
Stianso91
twotail
Saveon
15 posters

Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access

Saveon
    Saveon
    Sergeant Major/First Sergeant

Character sheet
    Fireblade: 70

Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access Empty Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access

Post by Saveon Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:34 pm

I am making this post to petition and show Retrac what the players want! Truster should get access to the database. I have even thought of a list of Pros and Cons to giving him access.

Pros (Good Things):

• Never have to wait for Retrac to fix small bugs.
    • Add items and other entries himself to keep the server fresh with new events.
    • Huge increase in server production and flow.
    • Lifting a huge weight off Retrac's already very busy shoulders.
    • As ADMIN it gives him better management over the GM team.
    • Truster knows how to fix many bugs but can't without access.
    • He wants to help out.
    • He is the most active Staff Member. On pretty much every day.

Cons (Bad Things):

• Um... 30 seconds out of Retrac's day?
    • Possible slight lag increase?

After talking to Truster about server databases in general I can tell he is already very experienced and knows what he is doing when making and editing entries.

Truster has been trusted with the position of ADMIN. I'm sure he can be trusted with access to the database. Please consider giving Truster database access!

For everyone reading this. Please post here to "sign" the petition. Agreeing with us that Truster should have access. Or for some odd reason I would never know, disagreeing.

"Signatures" / Agree:

• Saveon
    • Twotail
    • Stianso91
    • Skyknight
    • Lintha
    • Alord
    • Women
    • Alexeng
    • Kyljys
    • Truster
    • Admin
    • Yuski
    • Eido

13 Signatures

Last edited by Saveon on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 am; edited 10 times in total
    twotail
    twotail

Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access Empty Re: Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access

Post by twotail Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm

I agree 1000000% . well all i got to say is good luck goodluck
    Stianso91
    Stianso91
    Knight/Stone Guard
    Knight/Stone Guard

Character sheet

Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access Empty Re: Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access

Post by Stianso91 Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:15 pm

This would be really helpful.
    Skyknight
    Skyknight
    Scout/Private
    Scout/Private

Post by Skyknight Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 pm

I totally agree, when you need something truster is always dere. When i need a faction change, truster is there

when i land in a crash zone, truster is there to get me out

when i need a laugh, truster always cheers me up

when you d/c just nearly after killing a boss, truster is there

when the zombies are eating your legs, truster well, i dont know what he does and frankly i'd like to never find out.

the point is that i think he deserves an honor like that, and the server could get alot more done that way.
    lintha
    lintha

Character sheet

Post by lintha Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 pm

i agree to let Truster have DB access ^^
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Admin Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

Its not that I dont want Truster to get DB access cause thats what we really need..but I asked Retrac to give it to luther and nothing. When he gave it to Benethus he said it lags tonnes more and you can continue with this with the little hope that Retrac will give in but. Im 90% sure its a no - Sorry guys.
    alord
    alord
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Character sheet

Post by alord Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 am

NO WAY...
    J/k 100% yes yes yes yes
    woman
    woman

Character sheet

Post by woman Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:29 am

as admin said its like true retrac would never give out db wtihout a REALLY good reason.
    one thing to this topic even here i can guess its cause no gms are online...

and iv guess retrac's busy playing retail or something to learn how everythings looks idk.
    Retrac
    Retrac
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Retrac Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:59 am

basicly one of the cons is CONSTANT crashing and a hella lot more lag lol.. but good luck
    Alexeng
    Scout/Private
    Scout/Private

Character sheet

Post by Alexeng Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 am

i agree in letting truster gain access to the database atleast until retrac can find a dev, and i think i saw somewhere else on the forum, think it was saveon that said it, that retrac can also limit his access to stop abuse. (really dont think truster would abuse it, but just if retrac wanna feel safe)
    Saveon
    Saveon

Character sheet

Post by Saveon Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:46 am

Well I am a former server host and owner myself and I gave database access to my two close friends and trusted admins. I saw no rise in crashing or lag when I did it. I don't see how one person connecting through Navicat every now and then is laggy at all considering many people are connecting to the world server constantly. If it does cause lag and if I were to put that under the cons list, the pros list would still greatly out weigh the cons.

Of course it is always your decision overall but I hope you consider what the players think would help. Maybe you could even just try it for about a week or a few days. If the lag / crashing is really too unbareable or mich more than it already is then you can decide to deny access again. A short trial period wouldn't hurt that much. In my honost opinion I think after a trial you will agree it is much much better than it would hurt. Also like I said I have already seen Truster is very familiar with editing databases so I'm sure if he needs to make a big change that requires a restart or could cause lag he would be able to do it at proper timing when very few players are online and in the middle if something.

Thanks for even reading this topic Retrac. And goodluck to Truster. You would do great things for FireBlade with access like that.

**Entire post written on my iPod. Razz**
    kyljys
    kyljys
    Scout/Private
    Scout/Private

Character sheet

Post by kyljys Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:47 pm

I think that Truster should have DB access >_>
    Truster
    Truster
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Truster Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Heya,
    Well I already seen you say no to the access to database Retrac. But I thought of some few things cause you said it will make the server lag much more. I'm not a master in Database and SQL and so on. But I don't think it will make the server lag by making me a account but rather when i connect to the Database i guess?.

So I thought maybe if I made myself some rules. Like these

* Connect to the server before I go to bed ( Then its normally 3+ players on and sometimes 8-10 max. )
    * Only add the fixes into the Database. Like use a "Insert Into XXXX" when im connected (Will explain down)
    * Only if necessary that i will edit right into your database cause it cant be made into a fix ( Above )
    * Do not connect to the database to often. Save up the fixes and then connect at night and fix fast as possible.

As you know I have my own little server i train up in Lua Scripting and learn the use of Database. So i thought of if we get any bugs on fireblade. I could check it out on my server find out what the problem is and then fix it there then add it as a SQL file "Insert into XXX" and add it at night into your database. But most importantly is that i will think of ways that would make the server lag less as possible while I try to make the server better.

Cause I'm sick of have to say things like "No sorry, We need database access for that and only Retrac can fix it then" and so on. And suddenly I may forget to tell you about it.
    I know you said no but I want you to read this and maybe reconsider it if it can make the server much less lag while I can connect to the database. Cause all I want to do is to help the server to get better in all kind of ways. And with only a Admin / GM account its limited what I am able to do.

It's all your decision but I only want you to think about it and maybe reconsider it. Cause I'm doing this for the servers best. And I know you're pretty busy most of the times so I really want to help you with the server.

Thanks if you read all that text. It's much but hopefully you read it all.

Last edited by Truster on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Admin Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:36 pm

I second this motion!
    Yuski
    Yuski
    Scout/Private
    Scout/Private

Character sheet

Post by Yuski Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:49 am

I'm in to give Truster the db access. It would allow him to fix bugs and spells, that might not work.
    kyljys
    kyljys
    Scout/Private
    Scout/Private

Character sheet

Post by kyljys Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Yuski wrote:I'm in to give Truster the db access. It would allow him to fix bugs and spells, that might not work.
    You cant fix spells from database... Dunno how it works, but not throught DB
    And i still support this.. Just wanted to correct xD
    twotail
    twotail

Post by twotail Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 pm

it may help alot. cus Retrac is very busy his like never on or something to fix the server bugs or something... so i support truster! goodluck
    Skyknight
    Skyknight
    Scout/Private
    Scout/Private

Post by Skyknight Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:59 pm

I say to give it to Truster definitely, i may sound harsh by saying this but...
    Retracs reasons are just plain half baked and stupid.

the server lags with more then 20 players on it to begin with, lags always been an issue and we've dealt with it before.

And crashing? PLEASE the darn server crashes at least once a day, infact, I'd wager it crashes at least 4 times a day.

This doing nothing and improving nothing policy IS NOT CUTTING IT PERIOD.

Has anyone else noticed that the server population, which is small to begin with, is shrinking? Is anyone else sick of the annoying problems that COULD BE FIXED, but aren't getting fixed? I don't know if I really understand what Retrac means by saying hes "Busy" But if he is busy, and if cares about his server, and his players, he might as well pass some control over to someone whose not busy. Someone whose always there, someone who respawns a boss when the server d/c and no one could loot, someone who Teleports you when your stuck, someone who knows fireblade and its community, unlike some people. And what about the players views on this? LOOK AT ALL THE SIGNATURES Saveon got, that's Retracs admin, and his GM's up there, doesn't that count for anything? Do our opinions count for anything? Doesn't seem like it. If everyone of us here thinks Truster should get access, then he should get access. We are the players, WE ARE THE COMMUNITY, without us, Fireblade, is nothing.

I do not mean to sound mean, harsh, or insensitive. But this is the only way i can say what I really feel I needed to say.
    twotail
    twotail

Post by twotail Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Ye.... agree >.< im not gonna be harsh either.. but its kinda true, Retrac i think youre a bit to busy. And yes it is true... when ppl is on many ppl need help, but none gm is on, then they quit , thats how we lose ppls.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Admin Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! --
    I mean..YEA! *kicks trash can over* We want Database!
    Saveon
    Saveon

Character sheet

Post by Saveon Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Admin wrote:Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! --
    I mean..YEA! *kicks trash can over* We want Database!

Hahahaha! xD That made me laugh.

On a more serious note. Thanks for all the support guys. Retrac, don't be heartless. Listen to your players! Fireblade is getting down to a 10 player peak per day, and that only lasts for a half hour or so. 70% of the time I am online there are only about 5 people online counting myself and TRUSTER.

EDIT: Don't you just love how much the population has grown?

Petition: Truster Should Have Database Access Wowscrnshot040410221222

Retrac... The server is dieing... Nothing has changed other than Mother's Events in two months... Supposivly there was also suppose to be a new GM two months ago. That never happened.

Really... I love this server. I love this community...

But I don't know how much more I can take of... nothing... It's just not worth playing anymore... I am one of few people who are still sticking around on this server, in some slight hope that it will get back up and moving again soon.

The players are angry. The players are sad. The players are bored... Do SOMETHING to bring the server back to life.
    Eido
    Eido
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Character sheet

Post by Eido Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 am

I think i know the reason... : the server aint 3.3.3 yet and most people have patched up to 3.3.3.
    Alexeng
    Scout/Private
    Scout/Private

Character sheet

Post by Alexeng Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 am

Ok, im gonna say it right out here, Retrac is crazy not allowing Truster db access, he has a test server that he has fixed all the major bugs on, a new instance, and is working on 4 more and it only goes down maybe 7 times a day, including when he restarts it himself, and if Retrac is to busy with his private life, he MUST have someone that supports him, and i can also mention something sad... I've not seen Shadowroy, Drewlie, or any other gm online besides Truster or Mother... Admit it, your fantastic creation is dying becouse you dont accept any help from those who can help you...
    Hiler
    Hiler
    Knight/Stone Guard
    Knight/Stone Guard

Character sheet

Post by Hiler Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:26 am

Eido wrote:I think i know the reason... : the server aint 3.3.3 yet and most people have patched up to 3.3.3.
    i dont think so! i dl a lot of repacks for 3.3.3 and all have same bug...Quest bug! every quest is bugy i mean u get wow error on any quest u take and ret need to use same repack as before and maybe that repack isnt on 3.3.3 patch yet ...
    Truster
    Truster
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet

Post by Truster Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:32 am

Alexeng I didn't fix all the major bugs. but im working on the ones i can and fixed some of them but not all of them to be a little reasonable. And probably someone who cant come on because of the patch 3.3.3 that's true but i really doubt that's all. Then at least some of them would have contacted us on forum. And guys its still all up to retrac to decide.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content