Fireblade Funserver

Dont forget to vote for rewards - Homepage is fireblade.2hell.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fireblade Funserver

Dont forget to vote for rewards - Homepage is fireblade.2hell.com

Fireblade Funserver

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fireblade Funserver

WoW Funserver Forum - Fireblade

Welcome to Fireblade Funserver - enjoy playing on the server!

4 posters

Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend

Poll

Rate the Story

[ 3 ]
    Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Bar_left100%Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Bar_left0%Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Bar_left0%Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 3
    Zerix
    Zerix
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Empty Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend

Post by Zerix Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

This is Part II to Memories of Old as the title states. This time the Poll has 6 ratings instead of 10. I wrote Part II based on 5 Years after the events that took place in Part I.

“No, we shall not pass the rule.” Ashriel openly replied. “It will cause the economy to collapse and the Black-Market will soon take advantage of the lack of trade that we have.” The board of nobles agreed with Ashriel’s statements, though one was particularly upset about this. “But then…What if you or any of us was going to die?!” – “We’d have no ruler and we’d enter a period of disunity.” The angry patron went on. “We would risk civil war AND the Black-Market trampling on us.” – “Trade would decrease either way!” Ashriel knew he had a good point, but he wanted to be in total dominance on the matter. “Yes, but what if we have a second in command?” Ashriel slyly stated as the rest of the room grew silent and attentive. “I shall bring a second in command so let’s so if I was to be ‘destroyed’ in a matter of days then he shall bare the title I carry.” Ashriel signaled the committee to wait until his return.

“It is time…to show the world, a NEW generation of mages!” Ashriel loudly whispered to himself. He went to the shadowy gates which formed barriers each day in order to be in balance with the power that grew inside. “It is time, my son…” Ashriel drew his staff and released the seal keeping Visunaros at bay. The anti-magic barrier barely held him, some walls were torn and he absorbed a lot of the anti-magic in order to attempt to by-pass it. But his mind grew weary and his control was in the hands of his cruel and twisted father. Ashriel had Visunaros in shackles around his arms and neck. This kept his magic sealed until the time to reveal had arose. When approaching board of nobles’ room, he heard voices of treason and disbelief. As Ashriel opened the door, the committee instantly drew back their words as if a silent breath in the night, and watched as Ashriel entered a room with a mysterious figure that looked like he hadn’t seen the light of day for years (which is literal). “I welcome you to my new generation of mages!” Ashriel said while unlocking the shackles that sealed Visunaros’s magic. “Visunaros, touch any person in here and use their abilities…” Visunaros chose the man who complained early, he absorbed his power…but left that man extremely weak as his magic was completely gone in some way. He used his power which was that of Electricity. He shot a jolt of lightning across the room as it grew more powerful, as if being amplified to fit his will. “Marvelous! – Simply marvelous!” Ashriel said in amazement as his son that no one still knew, casted this spell. “Now the spell is completely his, but of course…he need a bit of the owner’s blood to keep this spell.” Ashriel then ordered Visunaros to kill the man who gave a defensive case to the new rule. Visunaros launched a bolt that blew the man’s face, known as Erik Von’Larf, clean off. The board of nobles simply grew silent and gulped in horror. Each time he learned a spell, the vein grew clearer and was visible through his skin. Marks across his chest appeared as he now had all of the powers Erik did. “I call this new line of mages…Parasites!” – “It fits them perfectly, they harvest and gather spells by grabbing it from a source, then of course by finishing the victim off he finds himself with that power, permanently.” “I think this meeting is adjourned, we will have one next week.” The committee made haste but seemed calmer as they did. They wanted away from that “monstrosity created by all the wrongs”, as they discussed in the meeting before Ashriel returned.

Ashriel put the shackles back on, in order to prevent his own powers to be absorbed, though he knew he wouldn’t have enough to absorb his power fully, he still was worried that he would surprise him. “I like the way you look now…full beard, long hair, this is a true King’s nature.” Visunaros now had long black hair stretching down to his and to his neck. The back part of his hair stretched down to the top section of his spine on his back. His beard was that of a tramps that are often seen on the streets begging for coin. The beard was thick and short, to medium, and had grey streaks from withering away in the room he was locked in for 5 years. Ashriel walked through his halls as he was looking for his wife.

He noticed a particular face when he saw his wife talking to another woman. “Who was that?” Ashriel asked, too late to find out who it was before they left. “None of your concern, just a simple person asking for somethings.” Hael replied back with a hint of hatred. “But in any case, who have you here? He seems rather familiar…” “You should know him…He is our son.” Hael reacted, but not as she should have. It was almost as if she knew. “Why is he in such shackles then?” – “He deserves a feast upon -…” Ashriel interrupted immediately “No hug? No love? – I would expect to you to ask more questions…you seemed as if someone already broke the news to you…” Hael replied cleverly “I’m not surprised one of our sons survived, I’ve heard rumors all around and already showed my love then, but this is just a brief re-union.” She showed a hint of coldness but only to fool Ashriel, she knew she felt great distress from her son’s disappearance and reappearance. “Well, there will be no feast, yet. I’ve already sent an example at the council…” Ashriel said in reply.

Visunaros looked dazed, and confused – he seemed to be more interested in his surroundings then the people in front of him, he only followed orders given to him by a specific voice. “My son, would you be as kind as to leave? – you know your way around the castle, no?” Visunaros gave a brief look at the figure that seemed to be engaging him in conversation. Hael could give orders too, but they weren’t as powerful as Ashriel’s. But, in attempt, he left the room and closed the door behind him and wandered about. As he walked down the halls, he noticed people gasped in fright of his sight, they seemed to keep their distance along with their words. Visunaros tried to talk, as if to comfort them from their fear, but he can only make mumbles and scarce letters only came out every so often. He could barely make out a word but he could sense the disturbance within their hearts. Visunaros found an empty room with nothing but a bed, he soon laid down to rest his tired head.

But later that night he arose when the castle sounded under siege by Cycerions. Visunaros, seeing one triggered the memory of his lost foster parents, he soon found himself in a great rage that blinded himself and he killed anyone in his path. He slaughtered most of the Cycerions with his bare hands and not to mention injured or also killed many of the people living in the estate as well. On his way to the Royal Chamber, he heard voices whisper in his ear that soon enthralled him in a trance. He followed the sound of this enchanting voice. As he grew closer, the voice grew softer and more addicting as he found himself not being able to resist. He found himself near a door and he knew the person inside had this beautiful sound. He then opened his door and found Hael, his mother, chanting with an elegant tone.

Though Visunaros was confused, he knew enough that Hael had plans that Ashriel did not know of. “We…shouldn’t…be…” Visunaros then found himself able to think clearer, and able to speak, though he had trouble at first and spaced out words many times he conversed with Hael to find out answers. “Why…?” asked Visunaros. “Because, your father has gone hungry for power, he seeks to use you as a weapon and tool to his seat in a new, expanded empire.” – “I asked the Cycerions to send their criminals to invade here.” – “When Ashriel knows of this, which he probably does, he will send forces to take over the Cycerions’ land in order to build up his empire starting from there.” Visunaros began to realize what Hael wanted, she wanted Visunaros to go with Ashriel in order to act as if they were together, then he was to turn on Ashriel and force him into a surrender, if possible or he would be cut down where he stood. “That bastard will pay for what he has done!” Visunaros slammed the desk and Hael jerked up in sheer shock and nervousness. “Relax, you will get your justice, but I need you to go now before he realizes you’re here.” Hael said, while calming down, as did Visunaros. “This will be the last time I serve him, then I shall…force him to surrender…but if I sense a bit of doubt he dies in a mere heart beat.”

Visunaros then left the room and sought out Ashriel.
    He saw the anger in Ashriel’s eyes and he absolutely loved it. He wanted him to suffer as he did, for the time being he did as commanded by Hael. “These fools…” Ashriel started. “They think they can over power me? Us? We are more then ready to bring this whole world to a new order!” Ashriel started gritting his teeth from time to time while Visunaros only listened with a serious face but on the inside he enjoyed watching Ashriel shake in disarray. “I was going to attack a band of tribes that belonged to the humans to the north…but if those worthless piece of shit Cycerions want war, they’ve got one coming to them.” “Son, you must aid me in this quest, lead the armies to victory and you will gain power beyond your dreams.” Ashriel finished up his speech in haste as he was going to warn the men to be on the standby for the Cycerion’s second wave. They cleared the second wave easier, now that they knew they were coming and now armies move south in order to reach the main base of the Cycerions.

Cycerion architecture consisted of ash-leaves which were flexible leaves that could be used for building. They were both durable and bendable to the point of all angles. They used them to fill in space or complete huge walls to scout areas. They even used them as tents which was a huge defensive mechanism because they could bond all tents together in case of an invasion, and bury holes underground as escape routes. They also used hardened trees and left over dead animals from feasts they have to build with and use to make full walls for their types of Keeps. Most of their keeps had no roof in order to worship their gods. Similar to humans, they viewed magic as a symbol or link to an all single powerful god. Though humans thought mages were just gods themselves. When they reached the front of their base, there was a scouting party to the east and defensive wave to the west. They were surrounding those two areas so we couldn’t flank. They also had Reivs which were dog/worm-like creatures that could burrow underground and rip the limbs off of victims unaware of their presence. Archers were mounted on top and below what looked like to be the barracks. Visunaros looked behind him and saw Hael in the distance, she was going through a path which looked like to be a way in to their base. Ashriel launched his wave of knights, as did Visunaros but Visunaros left the battle field to follow his mother. As he approached this, what appeared to be secret entrance, he heard a scream that sounded like Hael. He sprinted across the path and found Hael in a pool of blood. Visunaros was confused until a sharp pain that hit him from behind knocked him unconscious. Though he was still alive, he could barely talk, when he looked above he saw what looked to be a Cycerion who was yelling, but he couldn’t tell whether or not he was yelling that incapacitated someone, or that Visunaros was critically injured. As Visunaros closes his eyes in the state of being, so does this story for now…Until another piece of history is written in these Memories of Old.

Last edited by Zerix on Sun May 16, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    twotail
    twotail

Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Empty Re: Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend

Post by twotail Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:40 pm

wow man very nice o.O wish i were that good Very Happy how long did i take you to make it : o?
    Zerix
    Zerix
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend Empty Re: Memories of Old - Part II: Absence of a Legend

Post by Zerix Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Honestly? Probably about 30 minutes to an hour xD

Part I took me about...6-8 hours. Once you have one story, making a continuation is pretty much sculpting the story of the one you had.

Last edited by Zerix on Sun May 16, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet
    Fireblade: 70

Post by Admin Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:52 pm

I liked that one, but why would you lock up your son, what a bully!
    Zerix
    Zerix
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Zerix Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Lol. Ashriel is a very controlling character. Also very crafty as you'll find out in Part III.

Last edited by Zerix on Sun May 16, 2010 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Saveon
    Saveon
    Sergeant Major/First Sergeant
    Sergeant Major/First Sergeant

Character sheet
    Fireblade: 70

Post by Saveon Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Hmm... I wonder where you got the name Ashriel from.
    Zerix
    Zerix
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Zerix Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Gee, I don't know...>.>

I just checked a list of angel names, basing the names of mages with the names of angels. (I know what you are refering to though Razz)

EDIT: Part III will be coming out soon, as for a Prequel, I don't know but we'll see. (There may also be a Part IV)

Last edited by Zerix on Sun May 16, 2010 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding something.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:30 am